Pathfinder to Redemption

Went to McDonalds and used their WiFi to download Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Their internet was at least 10 times the speed I have at home. It took 4 hours. From the sound of it, it may have knocked McDonalds out of their computer system though. Ooops. Well, I drank about $10 in coffee and had a burger at lunch, so I ended up paying for the privilege of downloading it anyway, but at least it was a better use of my time. The game is good. Very much the way I remember the first chapter going when I played it at a table-top.

It occurs to me that I have a few RPGs of the type that I didn't get into. Good ones, most would tell you. Tides of Numenera; Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity... didn't click with me. For that matter, I didn't even finish the first Dragon Age. I don't like to exert the eyestrain on discerning the tiny writing games have these days. Either that I'm just too dang lazy to read.

I picked up Red Dead Redemption II. It is a beautiful game that makes you go at its pace... slow. Everything is "Hold yer horses, partner."The game wants you to just wait a spell and let things play out, but I emphatically jam the buttons in a vain attempt to hurry it up. Often I'm like: Dang, horse! This trotting is nonsense - why won't you canter! Oh, someone's talking... better slow to a crawl. Wouldn't want to disrupt the game's experience. Aside from that, there are interesting things to do. I don't like being forced along the outlaw trail as much as the story takes you. The first game didn't force it, so currently I feel like I had more freedom and better control in RDR.

Job interview questions are bollocks... and BS. They are a ridiculous part of the game (of life) and should be done away with. I'm talking about things like "What is a weakness you turned into a strength?", "What is a time you handled criticism?", and "What would you do if you saw a co-worker doing something unsafe?". I'm unsure how the mindless drones they want to hire are able to answer these adequately when I can't. Thing is, I am compelled to be honest. I don't like BSing. So my answers were not prepared to regurgitate what they wanted to hear. That's the game they play. I want no part of it.
"Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the good sense of your words." Proverbs 23:9 (ESV)

I had a good interview last month. They didn't pull any of that canned crap. They asked me things relevant to the job I was applying for. I really hope to hear back about that one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anhedonia

Being a Jaded Gamer

Hope is my Power!