A Pledge is a Pledge

Get it? The Pledgestone from Slayers?
No? Fair enough.
At this point I've pledged to a few games on Kickstarter and post-Kickstarter projects.
  • NES Maker was released. I downloaded it and have not touched it since. At some point I'll be getting a game flashing device and re-flashable game cart. 
  • Bards Tale IV came out a few weeks ago, I downloaded it (29 GB... took four days on my connection), and it looked like blurry Morrowind on my laptop. A few days later a patch was put out on GOG... 26 GB. I did not and will not be updating.What I played of it was good however.
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Redeemed on Steam. Have not downloaded. See reason below.
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Delayed until 2019. Shrug. Another thing to look forward to. Iga knows best what'll make the game the best it can be, so no complaints here. I pledged at the $100 level, so will be getting some swag with that one.
I don't think I'll be backing Kickstarters in the future.

Red Dead Redemption releases at the end of the month, and it's already paid for. I am a silly person.

I've been getting notices every month that we've gone over our data limit. Thought initially this applied to our mobile phones, but after some research, our unlimited internet was now being limited. Apparently AT&T phased out unlimited internet for DSL... in 2017 from the looks.This has put a major damper on my gaming. I've had to set Steam to only download updates in the wee hours of the morning, and pause everything on the PS4 before it has a chance to ruin me. We binge watch Netflix (Grimm currently. It's good) so that's not about to change, so the only thing I can control is the downloads. Nobody downloads anything more than 1GB without my permission. This is is consequence of living in the boonies. Nobody really bothers you, but most companies don't care to provide you services, so things like decent internet and pizza delivery... gotta learn to do without.

In Kingdom Hearts news, I hate the new Utada theme song "Don't Think Twice". Yeah... they didn't think twice about putting it on every blasted trailer for the game no matter how inappropriate in pacing and tone. This is the slowest sap I've had to suffer through. No, scratch that. I've taken to hitting the mute button after the first three notes. I heard Utada is working with Skrillex to remix the theme. That... should be... interesting. Did I mention how I'm convinced that "interesting" is often used euphemistically.... to mean disgusting. We'll see. Anyway, they confirmed Pirates of the Caribbean with Davy Jones and the Kraken, so that's cool. What else... actual footage of the Big Hero 6 world. Still no Gargoyles. Hasn't Disney considered a reboot of Gargoyles, or are kids these days not hard enough?

Life Updates:
  • My wife is working somewhere different, doing home care. Her previous workplace was a geri-psych facility and was atrocious in every conceivable way. She is much happier now. 
  • My position with the church was discontinued at the end of June, the communications department in fact. My supervisor (a member of that church) stayed on part time in another capacity. My duties and hers were folded into another guy who already did A/V for the church, so he's doing 3 peoples jobs, which I do not envy.
  • My exercise and meal plan has fallen by the wayside. I spend most days trying to do home repairs, job hunting, programming my game. I have little desire to play games lately.
  • I'm looking for work, had one interview which I thought went well but have not heard back. Having a college degree, I can't seem to get anything in a factory or the like. I have no leadership or sales ability. With 13 years experience in Graphic Design, it seems I'm qualified to do only that, but no one wants that. Seems as though I'm overqualified for the work I want.... so drek!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anhedonia

Being a Jaded Gamer

Hope is my Power!