Finishing Moves

I've finished grief counseling feeling a weight (guilt mostly) has been lifted. I would recommend counseling to anyone who's having a hard time with anything. This is the time of year when things get on top of me, mood wise. You could call it Holiday Blues if you like, but in previous years I was conditioned to have it start earlier and earlier... like holiday sales itself. My new attitude is to simply do what I can and not worry about things I cannot control.

Thing is, I can control my mood. Part of it is the handful of vitamins and herbal magic-science I consume daily: fish oil (Omega 3), weight control (B6, Apple Cider, and Iodine), Vitamins D & E, and sometimes turmeric. I also get as much fresh garlic as I can stand and probiotics (in yogurt and pickles).

The other part is mental conditioning, avoiding the negative and reinforcing the positive. I have not been on Facebook for quite a long time now, and am so much better for it. I made a second account just to see what about me is shown to others without my knowledge. This led to to realize that FB is programmed to set people against one another, a system that filters out context in (I believe) an effort to divide and conquer. I also have a strict policy of no politics. I've un-followed people on twitter (or given them a time-out) for offering what they consider helpful advice, but colored by their political bias. That's not what I'm there for, so don't be doing me any favors. I think for myself, and again... the times are something I cannot change. I use twitter mostly for videogame oriented stuff... and am quite happy with it that way.

I've been finishing alot of games I started lately. I tend to have something I call "Endgame Anxiety", where generally I get to the last save-point before the final mission or battle and then stall for months. So I finally completed Watch Dogs 2 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (Dream Drop Distance/0.2 A Fragmentary Passage/That Weird Movie).

Next up to finish is Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I'm as ready as I will be to face Ganon, so I may as well get on with it, and put the game aside until December when the next DLC comes out. I also had a brief aside into the PS4 version of Metal Gear Solid V. Seems at least some of my soldiers from the PS3 version transferred over, an unexpected bonus.

I've been examining the structure of Kingdom Hearts games and trying to suss out how KH3 will be done. The Toy Story world has been revealed. So awesome... and I totally called it! They look great as action figures.


I'll go on at length about my new theories about how Kingdom Hearts 3 will play out... soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anhedonia

Hope is my Power!

Being a Jaded Gamer