What I've Been Up to So Far in 2017.

Random:
Noticed an ad on the sidebar just now... a picture of someone's nasty fingernails... reminded me of the extra on one of Weird Al's CDs (way back, like when I was in college). If you put the CD in a computer you could watch a funny sketch of Al and his family. Anyhoo... in that an oldmun asks Al "Does this look infected to you?" and shows him a fingernail.

Life:
In January my fathers home burned to the ground. My father has to this day not been located. However, my brother was found in the burned house. I don't know how to describe it, but we'll go with "Horrendous, catastrophic tragedy". We still do not know exactly what transpired.

My brother was cremated and we had our Viking sendoff. He is super-super-missed. Many people have been very supportive and kind. I am attending grief counseling. It has helped, and there are good things to look forward to.

Gaming:
Since my brother and I had so much in common, particularly gaming-wise, getting on Steam was hard on me, because his avatar is always there on my friends list, and showing up on games he owned and games he wished for. I think you can understand why that made me sad.

Since getting a PS4 I switched to console gaming for a while. Ha! Gaming CONSOLEd me... never mind. I binged (bin-ghed... not Bing-ed) on Horizon Zero Dawn and Watch Dogs 2, played quite alot of Kingdom Hearts 2.8, and have barely touched Final Fantasy XV. I have not finished any of them. I just kinda stopped playing.

Lately, I've been able to get on Steam and mostly play some Fallout. Most recently I have evidently been transported back to 2004, as I've been playing The Bards Tale (the one with Cary Elwes... Westley from the Princess Bride!) and Fable. My bro let me start a game of Fable when I was over once. So...

Watching:
For the same reason, though to a lesser extent, the tragedy has affected my viewing lately. We caught up on our superhero movies as of January, then the incident happened. We plan on seeing the new Wolverine movie, since we discussed it with my brother. We re-watched most of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (skipped most of season 4). Since then I haven't watched much on TV.

In the realm of streaming, I was into it for a while, interested in the culture, and then I fell off. It's all about audio cues... repeated sounds and phrases. After a while, it gets old. Also, turns out many gamers and immature and generally unsupportive, cliquish types. Sigh.

On YouTube I mostly watch things like Superbunnyhop and The Gaming Historian. I follow the Co-optional Podcast because my brother talked about it. YongYea seems to be on a roll lately with news about Cyberpunk 2077 and some other things that interest me.

Other:
I've been somewhat active on Twitter lately. Never thought that'd happen. Been learning its culture as well. Seems like alot of subversive sub-back expectations going on. I've learned not to follow musicians who randomly follow you. They're insincere... using you as a means to an end. Though, I feel a bit bad about it when they're actually talented, I don't want to validate that type of behavior.

Be kind to people. You never know what they're going through.

Take care!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anhedonia

Hope is my Power!

Being a Jaded Gamer